Warranty and Maintenance
Products manufactured by Accent Woods are warranted against defects in craftsmanship under normal use for one year after date of purchase from accentwoods.com, unless otherwise stated. Any part which is determined by Accent Woods to be defective in Craftsmanship and returned to Accent Woods will be, at Accent Woods’ option repaired or replaced, as the exclusive remedy.
Accent Woods is not responsible for the following, and warranty will be void if:
- Product is damaged from being exposed to the elements: This includes product that has been delivered and left outside as well as product not stored indoors in between 50-75 degrees F for an extended period of time.
- Product installed outside
- Product exposed to direct sunlight and/or any ammonia or bleach based chemicals/cleaners
- Product exposed to moisture
- Product installed incorrectly
- Damage caused by negligence, or natural disasters
- Stolen or lost product
Cleaning of Accent Woods products should be done by warm water and a non-abrasive cleaner. Abrasive materials should not be used to clean the surface. Everyday cleaning of our products is as simple as a quick wipe with a damp sponge. All resist fingerprints, dirt, scratches and more.
Routine care: for laminate products use a damp cloth or sponge and a mild soap. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and wipe dry. Difficult stains can be removed using a mild household cleaner/detergent and a soft bristled brush, repeating as necessary. Although baking soda is a low abrasive, excessive scrubbing or exerting too much force could damage the decorative surface, especially if it has a gloss finish. This step may be repeated if the stain appears to be going away and the color /finish has not been affected.
Stained wood products should be wiped off with a damp rag when dusty or dirty. Do not use ammonia based products. There is also no need to use furniture polish since it will leave an oily surface that will collect dust.
Warnings & Cautions:
- Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or to bleach will cause discoloration.
- Acidic or abrasive cleaners can damage surfaces; do not use them.
- Drain cleaners containing lye will permanently damage any laminate surface. If you spill a drain cleaner, wipe it up immediately and rinse several times with water.
- Hair, textile and food dyes can cause permanent stains. If dye should happen to spill, wipe it up immediately with dishwashing detergent or an all-purpose non ammonia or bleach based cleaner.
- Never expose product surfaces to direct flame or excessive heat.
- Steel wool and other abrasive pads will damage the product finish. Do not use them for cleaning.